Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Princess Ballet

Many of you know that I started taking dance classes when I was 3 years old and continued on into college.  Dance is something that taught me so much more than tap and ballet.  I learned poise, confidence, and hopefully, how to be a lady.  So when I had Ella, I could barely contain myself from buying her ballet shoes before even bringing her home from the hospital.  Last year though, she expressed interest in learning how to ice skate.  Joe and I were totally supportive of this and promptly enrolled her in a program where she has done very well.  I was secretly SERIOUSLY disappointed when she said that she wasn't at all interested in dance lessons.  Ouch.  I was not to be deterred, however, and presented the idea of Princess Ballet Camp being offered at a local performing arts center for this summer.  She quickly jumped at the chance. Anything princess these days is right on the money for Ella.  She had a wonderful time, dressing up, making crafts and friends, and putting on an adorable show at the end of the week.  Not kidding, be still my beating heart...
With Kylie, ready for camp!

 During the show (mouth-open, tongue out, concentrating.)



 My princess...

 There's the tongue again!
 Hugging sweet teacher, Miss Krissy.

2 comments:

Tim Malyszko said...

How Cute! Andrew will love these pictures.

Sarah said...

Too cute! Clearly taking her girly cues straight from her lovely Mama.